A sore throat, whether due to dry air or due to a viral infection, causes extreme discomfort and may be the precursor to colds and coughs. If you notice soreness in the throat then it is better to take rest and then implement any or all of the remedies at home instead of swallowing pills.
1) Salt is the simplest and one of the most effective of remedies for sore throat. Salt kills bacteria and soothes inflamed tissues. All you have to do is add a spoonful of salt to a glass of moderately warm water and gargle till the quantity is finished. Do it thrice or four times a day and you will notice the difference. Inhaling fine particles of salt also help because it will help expel phlegm and soothe the throat.
2) Disagreeable as it may sound and taste, garlic is your best friend when you have a sore throat. It contains allyl sulfur compounds and antibacterials as well as antibacterials. Chew on a garlic clove and do it two to three times in a day, particularly before you go to bed and next morning you will have relief.
3) Turmeric is the magic talisman you need if you have a sore throat. Mix turmeric with a little bit of oil because the active agent curcumin dissolves only in oil. Then add honey to make a paste and add a few drops of ginger juice. Place the paste inside your mouth and let it dissolve slowly so that the turmeric coats the inside of your throat. Sleep while it works its magic. Alternatively, mix a spoonful of turmeric in a cup of warm milk and drink.
4) Licorice is an age-old, trusted and effective remedy for sore throat. Licorice has glycyrrhiza and it is soothing, expectorant and a demulcent. Just get a piece of licorice root and kept it in your mouth. The juices will flow and will work their magic.
5) Steaming works well for a blocked nose and also for sore throat. Heat water in a wide vessel until it starts to boil. Add tea leaves to it, some eucalyptus leaves and a dollop of Vicks Vaporub or balm with thymol and menthol in it. Bend over the vessel and inhale with your mouth open, keeping yourself and the vessel covered with cloth so that the vapors do not escape.
6) When you eat, have a side dish of raw onions and green chilies. Eat plenty of both.
7) Keep a stick of cinnamon and one clove in your mouth at all times when you have a sore throat. Magically, soreness will go away quickly. When you have sore throat avoid fried foods, chilled drinks and remember to keep yourself in warm, humid areas.